Friday, June 17, 2011

Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

Book of a Thousand Days
This is the 6th book I have read by Shannon Hale.  I read it last night.  I stayed up too late reading it. 
I enjoyed it very much.  I like the way Shannon is able to create complete characters in believable settings.  The main character in this book is Dashti, who is a mucker girl from the Asian steppes who sings healing songs.She is locked into a tower for a sentence of 7 years with her mistress the 16 year old Saren
who has been locked up because she refused her father's order to marry Khasar, who is cruel and evil. 
Dashti manages to keep herself and Saren, who is suffering mentally, alive in the tower.  Both Khasar, the evil suitor and Kahn Tegus, the kind suitor whom Saren wants to marry, visit the tower and speak to Dashti.  Dashti proves to be strong and resourceful as she keeps herself and her mistress alive.  This lovely story has mystery, adventure, fantasy and romance.  I enjoyed it as much as I did Shannon's other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment