Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

Totally awesome and fantastic book!  In this third book in the Kane Chronicles, Sadie and Carter once again save the world from destruction of course.  Their adventures are thrilling and funny and this is another book that you won't want to put down.  I did find the fact that Sadie was in a love triangle that included the God of the Dead a bit Shades of Twilight remnicient, but, that seems to be the popular theme nowdays, so I can see how it managed to wind up in this book too.  I think the book is really funny and I totally enjoyed the humor in it.  Here is one of my favorite parts: Neith is an ancient Egyptian warrior goddess and a hunter - here is something she says: "The end of the world? I've seen that coming for eons....I'm prepared. I've got an underground bunker stockpiled with food, clean water and enough weapons and ammunition to hold off a zombie army." That part of the book and many others are totally hilarious.  This book had me laughing out loud many times.  Good story, well written, and wickedly funny.  What more can you ask for?  Huge thumbs up to Rick Riordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment