Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Quarter-Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the Lawn, and Fed My Family for A Year by Spring Warren

The Quarter-Acre Farm by Spring Warren
We are planning a vegetable garden and have been reading quite a few gardening books. This book is written more like a memoir than a how-to book, but it contains a lot of good how-to information about gardening. I enjoyed the how-to information and found quite a bit of it useful. I was not as excited about the memoir parts and I would have liked to see photos of the garden and animals. It sounds like her garden is not very photogenic, but I like photos in gardening books. I did get some really good ideas from the book - like looking for free mulch and other gardening supplies on craigslist and freecycle. There is a wealth of other good info. about how to grow and cook a variety of vegetables and fruits and some nice recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment