Friday, December 21, 2012

Sabriel by Garth Nix

Sabriel (Abhorsen,  #1)
I liked this book, but it was easy to put it down. A really good book captivates me and I can't put it down easily. It is a good story. Sabriel's father is the Abhorsen, who sends the dead to death. When he disappears and sends his sword and bells to Sabriel, she must temporarily take over his office as Abhorsen and try to find and rescue him. Having been raised outside of the Old Kingdom, Sabriel knows very little about the happenings of that kingdom and feels like is not well prepared for the job that she has to undertake. She is helped by Mogget, a cat shaped creature, and Touchstone, a man who she rescues. I do plan to read the next two books in the trilogy even though at times I felt like I was slogging through this first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment