Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans

A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans
Rachel decided to spend a year living according to the Biblical rules that are set for women. She studied the different rules and regulations set forth and their background to learn what Biblical womanhood should really be like. She found that many of the ideas accepted in Christianity about Biblical womanhood are not interpreted the way that they originally were and so today's Christian women's ideal is not necessarily "Biblically correct."
I was very impressed with quite a few things in this book. I love that Proverbs 31 is meant to be memorized by husbands as a praise to sing to their wives on the Sabbath rather than a list of rules for women to follow. I enjoyed reading about Rachel's experiences as she explored different aspects of Biblical womanhood. The book is funny and touching and I totally recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. I sooooo want to read this book (okay, admittedly that's true for a lot of books, but this one is near the top of my stack). I can't wait to start it! Loved reading your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete