Thursday, February 21, 2013

Urban Preppers with Kids, Pets and Parents by James G. Mushen

Urban Preppers with Kids, Pets & Parents: Disaster Survival for the Family
While the author sounded a bit like a nut job at the beginning of the book, and while I do think some of his stuff is overboard, that is the norm for the prepper culture anyway, and after reading the book, I found it to be very comprehensive and well thought out.
He covers survival skills for everything from power outages to tornadoes, drought, volcanoes, pandemics, terrorist hazards and more.
He includes instructions for people with pets, children, and the elderly.
I learned that in a pinch, you can pour some olive oil in a bowl, float a wick in it and it will make a nice light source.
There are a lot of links in the book and since I have it on my kindle, I found the links to be a bit frustrating because I kept accidentally opening them when I went to turn the page. On the other hand, I now know that there is a web site that lists all of the active volcanoes in the world. I am not near any of them.
If you want a very comprehensive prepping book then this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment