Saturday, September 7, 2013

We Got the Water Tracing My Family's Path through Auschwitz by Jill Gabrielle Klein




The author interviews her father and aunts and uses historic documents to tell the story of their lives before and during the Holocaust. I think that this book may be a good resource for someone researching or doing a paper about life in that time period and place. I can see that the author tried to make it interesting and wanted it to read more like a novel than a history text book. The diagrams do not show up well on my kindle paperwhite and some of the text and footnotes are grey rather than black for some reason, which makes it more difficult to read those parts. I think it is a neat thing for their family to have their story written down this way and it can be used as a resource for those studying the Holocaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment