Friday, May 29, 2015

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles Book 1) by Mary E. Pearson

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
This is the first audio book that I have ever listened to. There were things I liked about the audio experience and things I did not like and the fact that it was audio did influence what I thought about the book some. I liked the portability of the audio on my phone and the fact that I could listen to it while driving and while walking. I think I walked a bit farther than I would have because I wanted to listen to more of the story. However, I mixed up a couple of the characters and I did not quite understand a few things because I was listening to the book rather than reading it. The story is a YA paranormal fantasy/romance with a 17 year old girl in a love triangle. Ugh. Thanks a lot Stephanie Myers. I am so tired of the 17 year old girl with two guys in love with her genre. However, the story was good in spite of that. Princess Lia runs away from an arranged marriage, becomes a barmaid in an inn, happily and meets to men who fall in love with her, one having been sent to kill her for political purposes and the other the prince she tried to avoid marrying, but she had never met him so she had no idea who he was. There is action, intrigue and adventure and romance in this first book in the series. I enjoyed it and look forward to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment