Saturday, June 6, 2015

Proxy (Proxy, #1) by Alex London

Proxy by Alex London
I read this book because it won the Texas Lone Star Award and I am reading through all of the books that won that award. I enjoyed the book, and it fits the bill for YA dystopian fiction. However, as I read the book, I kept thinking that I had already read it before. It is similar to the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield in ways and also to several other YA dystopian novels that I have read. The world is mostly uninhabitable and most people live in a few cities that are few and far between and the rich live ultra luxurious lifestyles with all sorts of tech to change their bodies, eye color etc... and the rich teens do lots of drugs and the poor live in abject poverty. Knox is a son of a rich patron and Syd is a poor orphan who is his proxy, being punished for anything that Knox does. When Knox accidentally kills someone the two teens wind up accidentally meeting each other and fleeing together along with Marie who belongs to a group of people who sympathize with the poor and want to change the status quo. When they are on the run, they discover that there are even more nefarious things going on than they had realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment