Monday, May 8, 2017

Secrets in Summer by Nancy Thayer

Secrets in Summer
  I chose to read this book because the author will be speaking at the library where I work next week. I am very glad that I chose to read it!  The main character, Darcy, is a librarian in Nantucket, which sounds like a lovely place based on the descriptions in the book.  Darcy has inherited her grandmother's home and is living there when surprisingly, her ex-husband and his wife whom he left Darcy for, show up at the rental house next door.  Darcy has a handsome new boyfriend and while she tries to avoid relationships with the summer people, she winds up befriending her ex-husband's step daughter and an elderly woman named Mimi who is renting the house on the other side of Darcy's home. Mimi is staying there with her handsome grandson who is quite interested in Darcy.  The story and characters are very interesting and the book is a fun read!  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment