Thursday, January 2, 2020

Beartown (Björnstad #1) by Fredrik Backman

Beartown (Beartown, #1)
It took me a long time to read this book because I don't care for sports.  The first half of the book is just hockey and how the people of the town have made hockey their lives and I just could not get into it at all.  I put it down once at 33% for many months and then again at 50% and then I finally picked it up and finished it.  I love Bakman's other books that I have read, but the excessive sports focus in this one was just not interesting to me.  It is a good book and I think that people who do like sports probably will enjoy it more than I did.  The book, however, really isn't about hockey, it is about rape and how sports fans, among others, tend to blame the victim.  It is a well written story.

No comments:

Post a Comment