Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Wrap Up

I started this blog in order to participate in the 52 books in 52 weeks blog.
I read a total of 160 books that I reviewed according to the 52 book blog guidelines.
I read other books, but they were shorter than the requirement so I did not include them in this count.
I read 74 young adult/ middle grades fiction books,
12 memoirs,
28 non-fiction,
20 religion,
25 fiction,
and I missed one in my counting somewhere.
I learned about heaven, polygamy, astronomy, metaphysics and quantum physics, modern day slavery, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, autism, memorization techniques, social groups in high schools, Christian Science, 911 and blindenss, Poland under communism, and meditation - among other things. 
My favorite genre is young adult fiction if you could not tell, and some of my favorite books in that group that I read include: Enchanted Glass,  Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror, everything by Shannon Hale and James Patterson and Alex Flinn, The Monsters of Morley Manor, Un Lun Dun, Alcatraz versus The Evil Librarians, Beauty Queens, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children , Thirteen Reasons Why, and The Son of Neptune.
As a result of this blog, I joined Goodreads, which is great!, and I get free books to review from them and booksneeze and some other groups. 
I look forward to continuing this blog and to continuing reading!
Happy New Years!

2 comments:

  1. How do you get the free books? I love the idea of reviewing the books and keeping a list of what you learned, what a great way to quantify relaxation and growth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can join booksneeze to get free Christian books, and on Goodreads, you go to explore and look at the giveaways. You enter to win and you may or may not get the books that you try for. There is also a section to sign up to enter for free books on the Library Thing site as well.

    ReplyDelete