Friday, April 5, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
I started this book last night and then had to stay up way too late to finish reading it. I liked and disliked it. I could not figure out why Charlie seemed more like a 7 year old than a 15 year old. I guessed that perhaps he is supposed to be autistic but at the end saw that it could also relate to the abuse that he had endured as a child. I could relate to many of the things in the book - when I was in high school, a group of friends and I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show on Saturday nights at the midnight movie and although we did not dress up, we brought rice to throw and squirt guns and newspapers and we sometimes got up and danced along with the time warp.
I found the book intriguing, interesting, and disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment