Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation by Mollie Katzen

The Heart of the Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation
First of all, this is an absolutely gorgeous book! The artwork is beautiful, the layout is great and the photographs are well done. I have had it checked out from the library as many times as I can renew it so I purchased one of my own. Not only is it totally beautiful, but the recipes are great. They are well-written, easy to follow and delicious. I will never ever be able to make any of them look like they do in the photos, but that is ok. I have made the Forbidden Rice with Beluga Lentils and Mushrooms and loved it and I have made the Grilled Mushroom Slices several times now - they are one of my favorites and I could eat them every day. I have gotten good ideas from the cookbook about things that I never would have thought to do, but are really delicious. I am so impressed with this cookbook and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment