Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mothers & Other Liars by Amy Bourret

Mothers and Other Liars

I read this whole book yesterday.  I stayed up way too late reading it because I had to finish it.  I could not put it down.  Ruby is raising her 10 year old daughter Lark, and is pregnant when she reads a tabloid article about a baby who had been kidnapped 10 years ago.  The photograph accompanying the article is of her daughter Lark, who she found in a rest stop drash dumpster 10 years ago.  Thinking that Lark had been abandoned, she had raised her as her own daughter, but now that she knows she had been kidnapped, she feels that she has to do the right thing.  Some parts of the story are rather unrealistic, but it is emotional and tender and had me in tears at times.  I enjoyed this book and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment