Thursday, July 21, 2011

Troubletwisters by Garth Nix and Sean Williams

Troubletwisters
Twelve year old twins Jack and Jaide receive a strange letter from Grandma X, whom they had never heard of before, and their house comes crashing down at the beginning of this children's fantasy adventure.
My 12 year old son read this before I did and when he was halfway through the book I asked him what it was about and he said he could not tell yet.  Now I know why.  This is a fun, fast paced adventure, but this entire book is just the introduction to the series, which has yet to be written and published.  Jack and Jaide are Troubletwisters, twins who have the powers to become Wardens who help to guard the world from The Evil.  In this first adventure The Evil animates insects, rats and dogs to attack the twins who learn that Jack can travel in shadows and Jaide can harness the winds. I think it will be a good series and we look forward to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment