Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

This is a wonderfully creepy psychological thriller paranormal murder mystery romance.  Mara's best friend died in a terrible accident that Mara survived unscathed - and she does not remember any of it.  As we follow Mara, she tries to cope and go on with her life, but she sees people and things that are not there - or are they?  She is psychotic and suffering from PTSD after the accident, and Noah, the most desirable boy at her new school is very interested in her.  But, is she too damaged to fall in love?  What is real and what is not? 
I totatlly loved this book and read it in two days. 
I hope that the next one is as good as this one is!

1 comment:

  1. The writing in The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was absolutely phenomenal. Michelle Hodkin did a great job with POV and setting and descriptions and I just.I felt like I was Mara. I felt like I was going psycho and hallucinating (although it turns out that I really did see a roach and am in fact not psycho - just have great peripheral vision).

    ReplyDelete