Monday, May 16, 2011

Learning To Swim In The Quantum Soup by Ted Farrell and Lorrie Mackenzie

Learning to Swim in the Quantum Soup
Learning To Swim In The Quantum Soup: A Story of Metaphysics and Quantum Physics is a very interesting book.  It is a "no math" version of quantum physics which is good for me because math is not my thing.
This book goes back and forth between Lorrie - who explains metaphysics; and Ted, her father, who explains quantum physics.  I had heard of quantum physics before, but did not really understand what it was and now I have a bit more of an idea of what it is.  I don't think I had ever heard of metaphysics before, and I find it very interesting.  Together, the two show that everything is part of everything else.  It is a combination of physics and philosophy explained in a simple to understand format.  I still don't understand all of the quantum physics introduced in the book, but now I at least understand what it is and what it refers to - at least more than I did before.
I enjoyed this book a lot and highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment