Tuesday, March 13, 2012

if it makes you healthy: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes Inspired by the Seasons by Sheryl Crow & Chuck White

If It Makes You Healthy: More Than 100 Delicious Recipes Inspired by the Seasons

In this cookbook, are photos of Sheryl Crow and recipes by her personal chef Chuck White who travels with her when she is on tour and prepares all of her meals and snacks then and prepares meals and snacks for her when she is working when she is not on tour too.  The recipes are healthy and information is given throughout the book about how and why to chose organic foods.  While some recipes include ingrediets that I don't use nor would I be likely to purchase like truffle oil, most of the ingredients, are, refreshingly, normal seeming ones that I am likely to have and use. 
Tonight I made the Vegan Black-Eyed Pea Soup with Sweet GReen  Chili Cornbread Muffins.  I forgot to add the canned tomatos to the soup at the end, but it was really good anyway.  I also did not add the green chiles to the muffins, although I think they would be good - I just did not have any this time.  And the muffins were great anyway. 
I also made a modified version of the Caprese salad and it was great too.
I showed the cookbook to a friend of mine who came over tonight when the soup was cooking and smelling delicious and we both agreed that we want Chuck.  If we had him cooking these delicious foods for us constantly, then we would be as thin as Sheryl Crow too.  Even if we wouldn't, we still want Chuck. 
This is really a good cookbook filled with simple, delicious recipes that don't have a lot of exotic ingredients.
I am looking forward to cooking more delicous foods using these recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment