Sunday, May 5, 2013

Eat, Fast, Slim: The Life-Changing Fasting Diet for Amazing Weight Loss and Optimum Health by Amanda Hamilton

Eat, Fast, Slim by Amanda Hamilton
This book explains the concept of intermittent fasting as a way to lose weight and become more healthy as opposed to traditional dieting. She explains how long term calorie restriction, which is how traditional dieting works, can actually make people prone to weight gain and how fasting can lead to weight loss, reduce inflammation, help adults to concentrate better and more. She explains the difference in fasting for men and women and shares a variety of fasting plans including the 16/8 lifestyle fast, 5/2 fasting, and juice fasting. She includes recipes and recommends eating whole foods rather than heavily processed foods. I have tried this and found that it is easier to have two "fast days" of eating 500 calories than it is to diet traditionally. On a traditional diet, I feel deprived and cranky. On a "fast" day when I eat 500 calories or less, I know I can eat what I want the next day so I don't feel deprived. I actually kind of enjoy the feeling of hunger on a fast day because I know it is doing something good for my body.
The book is well written and researched and I highly recommend it. I got this book free to read from Netgalley and I did find chapter 10 to be oddly formatted and difficult to follow. I am hoping that is something that they will get straightened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment