Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi

My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi

Wow. Totally Amazing. I read this whole book today. I could not put it down. Sixteen year old Lucy is devastated when her boyfriend dumps her. She goes out partying with her best friends, gets majorly drunk and wakes up the next morning with the hot musician she met the night before. When she later realizes that she had unprotected sex with him, she gets tested and learns that she is HIV positive.
The issue is handled in a believable, well written and interesting story and includes HIV/Aids info at the end as well as discussion questions. I think this should be a must-read for teens. I got this book free to review from NetGalley. It is really an uber fantastic book and I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment