Sunday, January 9, 2011

Falcon Quinn and the Black Mirror by Jennifer Finney Boylan

FalconQuinn revise2
Ok, at first, I saw that this book is in the same genre as Harry Potter, The Last Olympian and several others - kids who are "different" go to a school for kids who are similarly "different" - in this case, a school for kids who are monsters and I thought it would just be another copy cat book.  But, it is a really good book!  The kids don't know they are monsters until they get to the school, and Falcon, the main character, does not find out what kind of monster he is until near the end of the book.
And I think this book is Fantastic!  I was really pleased with it. 
It emphasizes being yourself and not conforming to the accepted norm.
It is well written, funny, and draws you in and engages you.
It is for the middle school aged child and up and I highly recommend it! 
I look forward to the rest of this series.

My 11 year old son just read this book in 2 days and he loved it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment