Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment by A. J. Jacobs

The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment
In this book, AJ describes 9 different experiments that he did to write about either for Esquire or for this book.  I enjoyed the chapters on outsourcing his life to India, and radical honesty.
My very favorite was when he spent a month doing everything his wife told him to. 
I want my husband to read that chapter. 
I would also love to be able to outsource parts of my life. 
The book is well-written, funny, and thought provoking.
The rationality project and acting like George Washington were quite interesting as were his attempts to unitask.
I highly recommend this book - and I especially highly recommend the last chapter to my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment