Saturday, March 23, 2013

An Angel by Her Side by Ruth Reid

An Angel by Her Side by Ruth Reid
I liked this story a lot and it kept me captivated, but I did not like the parts with the angel and daemon invisibly talking to the people (that part was written in italics.) I think that the point could have been made in a different way without angels or daemons talking to people. It is a nice Amish romance with Katie, a 29 year old school teacher and Seth, a former master builder, who has quit building due to his dyslexia. Their struggles with the Lord as well as those of Amos, Seth's brother-in-law are shown and we see how they learn to trust in the Lord. Elias, the angel, sometimes appears as an old man who works with Katie and Seth as they re-build after the tornado, but at other times, he is invisibly fighting the daemon. I just found those parts kind of strange and distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment