Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Grimm Curse #1 Once Upon A Time Is Now by Stephen Carpenter

Once Upon a Time is Now (The Grimm Curse)
Intriguing story, but very short. It seems more like an intro than an entire book. In this story, Jacob Grimm, a fifteen year old orphan is drawn to his grandfather's house in Woodland when his grandfather dies. He learns that he is the last remaining Grimm, destined to become the Huntsman to control the evil fairy tale characters. He takes on a Gorgon, who, in this book is a witch who eats children, and she has snakes in her hair and other places, but she does not turn people to stone. Jacob learns about his legacy with the help of Madeline, a teenage girl who her grandfather had been training to be his apprentice. I enjoyed the story. I got it for free and it was well worth it. I think I might have been upset if I had paid for it because it really is quite short.

No comments:

Post a Comment