Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out by Angela Liddon

The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out
Totally awesome, fantastic, amazing, best vegan cookbook ever because it does not have fake processed foods in it! Oh yeah. Got the book from the library and it was so good that I bought one for myself. I made the "fall harvest butternut squash with almond-pecan parmesean" and my husband said that is the only way he has liked butternut squash other than in the soup I make with it. It was fabulous! I made the "broccoli & cashew cheese-quinoa burrito" - we used lettuce leaves instead of tortillas - I love that the recipes have suggestions for alternates like that - and it was fantastic. The recipes are simple to follow and use real, whole foods as their ingredients. That is what I have been looking for. I have looked at tons of vegan cookbooks that rely on fake meats and fake cheeses and tons and tons of soy. The fake processed meats and cheeses are gross - tried several and soy is mostly gmo and I wish to avoid as much of it as I can. I love that this cookbook has so many yummy recipes without all that stuff. And, there is a beautiful photo of every recipe so that you know what it is supposed to look like - not that my food ever comes out that pretty, but it is very helpful. I totally highly recommend this cookbook if you are looking for delicious plant based recipes that don't rely on fake, processed foods and where the "plant" is not just the soybean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment