Thursday, August 4, 2016

Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye

Jane Steele by [Faye, Lyndsay]
I totally loved this book! It is a very funny satire, based on the book Jane Eyre, which I also totally love.  Jane Steele, is an orphan, living with an aunt who despises her, who goes to a boarding school run by an evil headmaster (sound familiar, readers of Jane Eyre?)  The early part of the book goes over her childhood and time in boarding school and shortly thereafter and then skips to the part where she becomes a governess, for a handsome man who she falls in love with.  One problem is all the murders which she has committed, making her feel quite guilty and unworthy, but there are many other mysteries as well in this fun to read romance.  I received an advance copy of this book to review from Netgalley, but by the time I read it, the actual book was out, so I also got the audio book from the library and I listened to parts and read parts.  The audio book is very well done and I love the accents of the reader.  I also noticed many places where the wording was improved from the advance copy.  I think it is quite well written and just a totally very fun read!  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment