Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
Ok, this book has been in our house for a couple of years or so - it is my older daughter's book and I had not read it because I had read the Twilight books and a couple of other vampire series and I was just tired of the whole vampire bandwagon. But, I was dying for some escapism fiction so I picked it up and started reading it - and I really liked it! It is a bit of a different twist on the whole vampire genre. In this book, vampires are fallen angels with glow in the dark blue blood that begins to manifest when they are around 15 years old. Before that, they are not aware that they are vampires. The story follows several young teenagers who are beginning vampires and there is romance and danger and I don't want to go into more detail because you should just read it for yourself. It really is good. I am now going to read the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment