Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming by Mike Brown

How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming

I never would have imagined that an astronomy book would be funny, well written and intriguing, but this one really is.I really enjoyed this fascinating book about how Pluto got demoted from planethood.
I found the arguements about how to define the word planet, and the need to "hide" one's scientific discovery while investigating it lest others steal it along w/ the possiblity that someone else might simultaneously discover the same thing, intriguing. I also enjoyed Mike's inclusion of his private life and sharing about the birth and enjoyment of his daughter made this book more fun and intersting to read. Seeing how much technology has changed lately and how it has changed our view of the universe and what we know about it is amazing. I had no idea that an astronomy book would be this interesting and funny and fun to read. I highly recommend it!

1 comment: