Saturday, August 13, 2011

Not Afraid of Life: my journey so far by Bristol Palin with Nancy French

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far
We all make mistakes when we are teenagers and often it seems to us like the whole world knows about our mistakes.  For Bristol Palin, the whole world did find out about her mistakes when her life was thrust into the spotlight when her mother, Sarah Palin, was announced as nominee for Vice President of the United States. 
Very quickly, everyone knew she was an unwed and pregnant teenager.
In this well-written, easy to read book, Bristol tells about growing up in Alaska, how her parent's careers affected her life, her son's father, Levi, and her experience being on Dancing With the Stars.
She makes Levi and his family out to be the bad guys and her family to be wonderful and the press to be horribly intrusive and I am sure that there is truth in all of that.
I found the book to be very interesting and I read it in one day. 
I think that Bristol seems like a spunky young mom who is getting her life together and doing her best to raise her son well.
I wish her luck in life. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I didn't know she'd written a book about it. I might read it, but probably only if I read Sarah Palin's books too. I'm not too fond of non-fiction in general, but if I'm interested then I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete