Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Seedfolks by Paul Fleishman

Seedfolks (Joanna Colter Books)
This book is a series of vignettes - 13 short stories told by a variety of people that all tell one tale - that of a once trashy empty lot turned into a community garden by people of all ages, races, nationalities and languages and how it turned the people themselves into a community.  This short book covers a lot of ground and many concepts.  I think it is as interesting to adults as it is to children.  It presents a diversity of people, ideas and concepts.  I enjoyed it and understand why it is read in school classes. I checked it out from the library because my son, who is in 6th grade, will read it in class later this year. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    This sounds like an interesting book. I'll have to check it out and love the book cover. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete